Terms & Conditions:
Thank you for showing interest in our services ("Services"). This is a web portal intended to provide a platform for health opinion, health information and obtain services over the Internet. Any unauthorized use of this web site, our information systems, or the information contained in our information systems is prohibited, and may violate applicable law, governed and interpreted by the country and/or member countries.
By choosing to access or register on the site, it is hereby assumed that you accept the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions of Use, we would suggest you not to use the site. We may modify, update or revise the Terms and Conditions of Use at any time without prior notification. We would suggest you to review the updated terms of service on your visit to the site.
Registration at the site:
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18. You may only use the services if you are over the age of 18. By using this Site you are authorizing that you are not a minor.
We have the right to discontinue service, or deny access to anyone who violates our policies or the terms and conditions stated herein, without prior notice or warning.
Health opinion on the site:
We acknowledge that a personal consultation by a healthcare provider cannot be replaced by a virtual communication. The opinion given by the doctors is to guide or inform you about certain medical conditions and by no means attempts to create a doctor-patient relationship. The information or opinion provided on the site is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without consulting your personal healthcare provider, in person.
The information provided on the site does not act as a substitute or replacement for any professional medical advice, treatment, and diagnosis. If you think that you are having a medical emergency, call your doctor or an emergency medical response service immediately.
The opinion given by the doctors is valid for only at the current state and for the current moment and cannot be applied on either a futuristic or retrospective basis. Even if your personal doctor is available on the site, the opinion or advice provided online from such an association would still not be considered as if solicited for and would not be used by you as if it were personal advice, treatment, or diagnosis. This applies both to discussion forums as well as the other services. Using the above services for diagnosis, prescription or treatment purposes per se will not be encouraged.
We emphasize that any information you receive from the site by virtue of its content or opinion of medical professionals on the site, should be interpreted judiciously. Neither eHealthbook nor the producer/publisher of the software application/web portal nor any of its governing officials, directors, employees, partners, advertisers or affiliates assumes any legal responsibility for any incorrect or misleading information provided by any professional or contained within the Site.
a) Related to medical expert: Ours is not a referral service and does not recommend or endorse any particular medical provider, therapy, or medical treatment plan. No information used in the service should be construed as the practice of medicine unless otherwise stated. The opinions, statements or comments provided in any form of verbal or written communication are solely the individual and independent opinion of such an expert and do not reflect the opinion of the site, its associates, or organizations or institutions with which the expert is associated in any capacity.
The information provided about the medical expert as an associate or in the directory is provided on an "as-is" basis and should not be referred to as a tool to verify credentials or abilities of a professional. As an user you agree and understand that any professional participating in the site may or may not be affiliated, employed by eHealthbook or the producer/publisher of the software application/web portal. Credential details of any professional member in the network will be available with the site, however, neither eHealthbook nor the producer/publisher of the software application shall take responsibility of content accuracy. You are advised to conduct a prior independent research to validate any content associated with a professional on our network.
b) Related to medical information: Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. eHealthbook or the producer/publisher of the software application may provide links to certain websites as a part of information covered. By providing these links, we are not endorsing, adopting, or agreeing with any of the content of linked sites. We urge you to use discretion when you access any third party site linked to our website. Medicine is an ever changing science; we at eHealthbook and the producer/publisher of the software application shall make reasonable efforts to keep the website content accurate and up-to-date. Additionally, our team strives to keep informed of the latest developments, however at occasions information on some newer developments may not be available with the team.
c) Related to other content: The quality of uploaded radio-graphs, CT scan, MRI and other images may lead to faulty or incorrect interpretations. eHealthbook and/or the producer/publisher of the software application takes no responsibility for poor quality images.
Using ehealthbook services:
- The use of any eHealthbook services requires basic familiarity with the internet, related payment gateways and general security practices. We expect you to possess the necessary knowledge required to access and avail the services.
- In case of providing details for a relative/friend or acquaintance, you are solely responsible for any objections arising from original customer
- Once you are registered as a user, we advise use to maintain confidentiality of your credentials. Please do not share your password or other details with anyone. eHealthbook and/or the producer/publisher of the software application will not be responsible for or liable to any damage arising out of data loss on account of hacking or any unintended malfunction. You agree to prohibit anyone else from using your password and immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or other security concerns.
- The client agrees to pay the necessary fee/charges, pursuant to the schedule of memberships, charges, and fees that may be set forth from time to time. We reserve the right to modify the pricing structure at any time and implement the new price structure with or without prior notification.
- In case of a second opinion where there is a difference of opinion among our Medical Experts and your physician, you would bear the responsibility to decide the next step. We hope to help you in making the right decision but at the end it is only up to you to share the consultants' opinion/specialist's opinion with your physician.
- Use of the Internet is solely at your own risk subject to all applicable local, state, federal and international laws and regulations. We do not warrant that the functions or informational materials contained in or accessed through our website are free of computer viruses or other harmful components.
- Your personal health related information, health data and records of consultations are stored online. This data is collected from the information provided by you and communications sought by you. It is suggested that you provide accurate information for all purposes. In case you do not want to disclose some information or do not want to risk unwarranted disclosure, we would suggest you avoid uploading such details.
- We reserve the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the website according to its internal record retention and/or destruction policies.
- All information is subject to moderation from time to time by our Administration. You would be notified by email.
- International users acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your Information and disclose it to other entities outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, such Information may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge that you consent to the transfer of such Information outside your resident jurisdiction as detailed in our Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to such transfer, you may not use our Content or Services.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold eHealthbook and the producer/publisher of eHealthbook, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any loss, damages, claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your breach or violation of these Terms of Service.
Limitation of Liability:
The use of this Site is entirely at your own risk, and in no event shall eHealthbook or the producer/publisher of the software application be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or any other monetary or other damages, fees, fines, penalties, or liabilities arising out of or relating in any way to this Site, or sites accessed through this Site, and/or content or information provided herein. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site is to stop using the Site. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain states or countries. If you access the Site from outside India, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
Term and Termination:
The Terms of Service shall become effective from the date on which the same has been posted on this Site. eHealthbook and/or the producer/publisher of the software application reserves the right, without providing prior notice, to delete your account or any information contained on the Site for any reason whatsoever.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution:
These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence, and you agree to submit to personal jurisdiction in India at Bangalore.
Any disputes and differences whatsoever arising in connection with these Terms of Service shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. Unless the Parties agree on a sole arbitrator, there shall be three Arbitrators, one to be selected by each of the parties, and the third to be selected by the two Arbitrators appointed by the parties. The venue of Arbitration shall be in Bangalore, India and the language shall be English.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution:
You expressly understand and agree that: a) your use of eHealthbook is at your sole risk. The site is provided on an "as is" basis and without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied. b) We do not make any warranty (i) that the site will meet your requirements or is merchantable or fit for a particular purpose, (ii) that the site will be error-free or bug-free, (iii) regarding the security, reliability, timeliness, or performance of the site, (iv) that any errors in the site will be corrected, (v) accuracy, suitability or completeness of the information contained in the site, (vi) regarding the qualifications of the professionals that provide services or advice on the site, (vii) any incorrect information or advice provided by the professionals or contained within the site, (viii) for any medical, legal or financial events or outcomes related to services attained through the use of this site and (ix) delay in calling back or reconnecting, to obtain complete advice from the professional (x) any information or materials obtained by using this site, (xi) your choice to seek professional medical advice, or your choice of choosing a specific service/package based on the information provided through this site, is done at your sole discretion and/or risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device or loss of data that results from the download of any such content or material. you expressly understand and agree that our total liability shall always be limited to direct, general damages not exceeding the service fee, as the case may be, if any paid by you to us towards the concerned service/package and that we shall not be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages.